Where can you buy Xanthan Gum? Below you can find where to buy several types and brand of Xanthan Gum. All of them are food grade and save to consume.
What is Xanthan Gum?
Xanthan gum is a natural product just like other fermented corn sugar polysaccharide. The strange name, Xanthan, comes from the bacteria responsible for producing this product: Xanthomonas campestris. The same bacteria are suspected to responsible for the forming of black rot on leafy vegetables as well as brokoli and cauliflower. US department of agriculture developed Xanthan gum when they are trying to make an alternative thickening agent just like guar gum or corn starch. It was found that these bacteria can produce a slimy substance which later on can be used as thickener or natural stabilizer.
Scientist classified Xanthan Gum as a polysaccharide, since the molecule contain three different forms of sugar in a long chain structure. All these sugar forms are also found in the corn sugar. These bacteria will consume this sugar and converts it into just one substance which has the similarity to cornstarch.
Xanthan Gum is naturally used as:
- Stabilizer or thickening agent for salad dressing and dairy products. It will prevent the formation of ice crystal is ice cream and gives a “fat feel effect” to low fat or non-fat dairy product.
- Stabilizer or binder for cosmetic product. Just a small drop of Xanthan gum is enough to make sure their cream product ingredients are keep separated from each other. Xanthan gum is a safe product. Although some people might be allergic to it, it doesn’t have any harmful effect to human skin or digestion process.
- Substitutes for wheat gluten in flour-based food product such as gluten-free pasta or bread. As some people might suffer allergy to gluten, Xantham gum can be the alternatives.
- Natural thickener for drilling mud or fluid in the oil mining industry. It helps to cols the drill bit, lift the solids out and provide the hydrostatic pressure.
Xantham Gum product comparison and prices:
|Title||Xanthan Gum 1lb Powder USP FCC Food Grade (Buy 5 get $15 off)||Bob's Red Mill Gum Xanthan, 8-Ounce||NOW Foods Xanthan Gum Powder, 6 Ounce Bottles (Pack of 4)|
|Brand||Essential Depot||Bob's Red Mill||NOW Foods|
|Feature||E415 USP FCC Food Grade|
Fresh product to use by date 04/2014.
Quality Heat Sealed Resealable Zip Lock Pouch
Food and Cosmetic applications
Finest xanthan gum
|Bob's Red Mill||Xanthan Gum|
|Label||Essential Depot, Inc.||KeHE Distributors||NOW Foods|
|Manufacturer||Essential Depot, Inc.||KeHE Distributors||NOW Foods|
|Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
|Link||More Info||More Info||More Info|
Incoming search terms:
- where to buy xanthan gum
- where can you buy xanthan gum
- xanthan gum where to buy
- where to buy xantham gum
- xanthan at sprouts